Tuesday, September 23, 2008

thought for the day...

Yeah, I have problems. Christians have problems. Sometimes non believing people are just waiting for us to slip up and then point to us and point it out to us when they judge and define us as not being what we say we are.

It makes me want to do 3 things.
First, I always want to honor my God as a witness for Him. (I am human, a sinner and mess this up for sure.) BUT, I am very aware that I serve and love and honor the Almighty Maker of Heaven and Earth who is also my Abba Father. So, I want to love and please Him and honor my life's testimony for Him in this life & world. Basically, I want to live it as best I can and then even better, empowered ONLY by Him. I simply can not do it on my own.

Second, I always want to have an answer for the hope that is in me. We are called to do that...
1 Peter 3:15 (NIV) "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

Lastly, I want to be transparent, I want the people who know me, know that I do not have it all together. (obviously!) I stumble and I fall. However, because I have a hope that is in me, (see above) because I am God's and He is mine, I do not stay there. I do not stay down. The joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10)...I repeated that over and over today.
So, this brings me to my thought for the day...

"Stop telling God how big your problem is.
Instead tell your problem how big your God is."
-Anonymous

for whatever it's worth...
God bless you today and may the joy of the Lord be your strength.

No comments: