Right now I have many decisions to make regarding where to pour myself and my time. For me, part of it is crystal clear; God, my husband and children, family & friends and church community and all those in my sphere of influence that I can encourage and serve.
Yet, part of it right now is unclear in just where to serve. This week has presented three opportunities and I am praying for God's wisdom to discern where I should study His word, where I should lead/teach and if I should go on a mission trip to the developing country of El Salvador to meet and minister to our Compassion International child, Alicia.
(check out www.compassioninternational.org)
Yesterday I received a call telling me there was a cancellation on the trip in November. I remember submitting my name on the wait list ages ago and now there is a spot for me if I want it. Then, yesterday too, a letter arrived from Alicia. I can't help but wonder about the timing. I can't help but feel cautious after visiting the State Dept Travel website. Choices.
Much to ponder and pray and I am fending off confusion. I believe that confusion is a tactic for the enemy of God to gain a foothold, attempting to pry me away from my loving, sovereign, almighty, Father God and His will for me. So, I wait and pray and try to listen. One thing I do know is that all I want to do is glorify, honor, serve, worship, love, praise and grow in Him and do His will.
I pray today will bring me closer to clarity in discerning God's will for my decisions.
I pray today for you. Thanks for reading and checking in and sharing in this journey.
blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment