Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A new school year...

Where did the summer go? Today marked a new fresh beginning as our kiddos went off to school. There were jitters and smiles, butterflies and questions and reports of no sleep last night. How can our children be "this old" when I remember so well being their age? It was a happy morning and full of positive energy. Last night, we gathered on our knees and gave thanks to our Awesome Father God and asked for His provision, guidance, protection, and blessing to do His will this year in all things.

So, do I think this school year will be easy? I hope not. I've come to know that learning and growth come with the challenges we'll encounter, endure and walk through in faith. I don't know what these challenges will be this year, (thank you Lord for that protection), but my Father God knows and what a gift to be loved so much so as to be stretched, tested and strengthened by the challenges that lie ahead.

No matter what, we are never ever alone. I think the blessing is in the deep significance of any trial, big or small. So I write these words as my personal testimony, for my children and our own future reminder, that whatever we face, chewed up homework, a failing grade, a troubled friendship or something bigger in their lives, in all our lives, in your life, that we are never alone, we are loved beyond measure and walk with the best friend we'll ever have, Jesus.

It makes me give thanks and praise for the moment. This very moment.
So, today as my "little ones" rode off together on the school bus, I surrendered them to God and walked home alone, quietly in His peace.
One day at a time sweet Jesus.

No comments: