The title for this blog came to me instantaneously. It means many things. Etched in my memory and still moving to witness are Bono's hallowed words piercing the night electric at U2's Go Home Tour, Live from Slane Castle. The music echoing and haunting and then,... Bono staking his claim to his people and his land shouts out to his crowd, "This is Our Tribe"! Chills me still.
What he speaks of is my tribe too...back to Mayo, Galway and Waterford, Ireland where "my clan" originates and my husband's too. Back to my time in Ireland as a child and college student. It ebbs and flows in my life since the death of my Dad. I bury it and it rises again ... the memories, the rebel songs, the sayings, and the people. So, for me, the tribe looks back and yet is still. It is also present, my tribe of four. It looks ahead to my children's future, the tribe yet to expand, to be here on earth and our tribe in heaven, my tribe in heaven. For me, it resonates with being part of specific tribes and yet still belonging to our ONE tribe. We are different and the same. Above all, I belong to the tribe of my Heavenly King and am a follower of Jesus. I am of His tribe, He of mine. So, back full circle to U2 & the words of Bono. to me, his poetic soulful lyrics haunt and make me think. They search and stir. I love Bono's declaration: "This is not a stage, it is an altar. These are not songs. These are prayers." Wonder if you will ever listen to U2 the same again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love u Mommy!!!!!!!!!!! I love ur blog!
Thanks sweet boy. I love you too with all my heart & soul. eek, squeeze, hug.
Post a Comment