
Today, July 30th, 2008 our son Connor is 12 years old!
I tell him he is not really 12 until 7:32pm this evening, the moment of his birth.
Little did I know then as we waited for 27 hours for his arrival into the world...
that I would love this little guy more than I could ever imagine...
that I would cry uncontrollably as he lay on my chest moments after breathing on his own...
that I would sit by his incubator all night until he was able to be placed in my arms...
that I would cry tears of unspeakable joy and gratefulness as I gazed at his face while little beads of sweat would cross his nose from his "baby work" of sucking his bottle so hard as together we listened to Kenny Loggins, "Return to Pooh Corner"...
that I would pray to trade my life for his when at 3 weeks old he acquired meningitis and that we would be spiritually changed from that brokenness and rebirth...Praise You God!
I tell him he is not really 12 until 7:32pm this evening, the moment of his birth.
Little did I know then as we waited for 27 hours for his arrival into the world...
that I would love this little guy more than I could ever imagine...
that I would cry uncontrollably as he lay on my chest moments after breathing on his own...
that I would sit by his incubator all night until he was able to be placed in my arms...
that I would cry tears of unspeakable joy and gratefulness as I gazed at his face while little beads of sweat would cross his nose from his "baby work" of sucking his bottle so hard as together we listened to Kenny Loggins, "Return to Pooh Corner"...
that I would pray to trade my life for his when at 3 weeks old he acquired meningitis and that we would be spiritually changed from that brokenness and rebirth...Praise You God!
that my husband Brendan would be such a loving, present, supportive, understanding, explaining, make time for each child everyday, affectionate Daddy...
that I would release him in faith to preschool with all the intricisies of developing a food allergy plan and learned it would be okay...
that he would surprise me, lifting my chin with his little hand, gazing into my eyes telling me he loved me and would pat my back with love taps...
that I would miss him, physically miss him, when we were not together...
that I would understand him, because he was my own, my cub, as told him I could line up a row of boys and sniff him out and yet be totally puzzled by him because he was simply a boy...
that I would love love love teaching him about Jesus and sharing my love of Him with him...
that I would hurt so so much when he hurt...
that he is really funny, he makes my laugh and I love being with him...
that he has such a compassionate heart...
that he loves, LOVES to sing and would perform amazingly at his 6th grade Talent Show.
(Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi, Connor style will be embedded in our memories!)
that I would be the cheering goofy tearfully proud momma at this performance...
that after much adversity he would rise...
that I love who he is, wouldn't change a thing, and I love the boy he is and the young man he is growing to be...
that we would be led to change his home, his school twice and all the while trusting in God's will and plan and seeing affirmation in all these things...
that he would be brave and go away to camp for 2 weeks with not talking to us, only falling back on everything we had taught him and his own faith and wonderfully succeeding and growing and seeing for himself that God is faithful in big things little things, in ALL things...
that he would surrender his life and heart to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on July 3, 2007...
that he would grow and want his hair long, surfer long and that I love it and think he's the cutest thing going...
that I love love love him and everyday surrender him to God for guidance, blessing, and protection...
that i would be the proudest momma and my heart would overflow...
that I would see goofy in a whole new sweet and puzzling way...
Little did I know back then that I would cherish the moments of giving him birth... what a blessing to have him and to be appointed his momma for the task of "raising him up in the way he should go, so when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6
We have been bestowed with the blessing holding on to him for a short time before releasing him to the world and his own life.
Today, our boy is 12 and he is a boy striving, trying, finding his way and truly after God's own heart.
We are blessed beyond measure and pray God's richest blessings on Connor!
We love you Connor! Happy Birthday!
that I would release him in faith to preschool with all the intricisies of developing a food allergy plan and learned it would be okay...
that he would surprise me, lifting my chin with his little hand, gazing into my eyes telling me he loved me and would pat my back with love taps...
that I would miss him, physically miss him, when we were not together...
that I would understand him, because he was my own, my cub, as told him I could line up a row of boys and sniff him out and yet be totally puzzled by him because he was simply a boy...
that I would love love love teaching him about Jesus and sharing my love of Him with him...
that I would hurt so so much when he hurt...
that he is really funny, he makes my laugh and I love being with him...
that he has such a compassionate heart...
that he loves, LOVES to sing and would perform amazingly at his 6th grade Talent Show.
(Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi, Connor style will be embedded in our memories!)
that I would be the cheering goofy tearfully proud momma at this performance...
that after much adversity he would rise...
that I love who he is, wouldn't change a thing, and I love the boy he is and the young man he is growing to be...
that we would be led to change his home, his school twice and all the while trusting in God's will and plan and seeing affirmation in all these things...
that he would be brave and go away to camp for 2 weeks with not talking to us, only falling back on everything we had taught him and his own faith and wonderfully succeeding and growing and seeing for himself that God is faithful in big things little things, in ALL things...
that he would surrender his life and heart to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on July 3, 2007...
that he would grow and want his hair long, surfer long and that I love it and think he's the cutest thing going...
that I love love love him and everyday surrender him to God for guidance, blessing, and protection...
that i would be the proudest momma and my heart would overflow...
that I would see goofy in a whole new sweet and puzzling way...
Little did I know back then that I would cherish the moments of giving him birth... what a blessing to have him and to be appointed his momma for the task of "raising him up in the way he should go, so when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6
We have been bestowed with the blessing holding on to him for a short time before releasing him to the world and his own life.
Today, our boy is 12 and he is a boy striving, trying, finding his way and truly after God's own heart.
We are blessed beyond measure and pray God's richest blessings on Connor!
We love you Connor! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:
Happy birthday, Connor!! What a beautiful post about him. It brought tears to my eyes.
I just can't believe how fast our boys are growing up. Jacob's got lots of "surfer" hair, too, and I have to look up to talk to him because he's so tall. How can he be starting the 8th grade soon when I feel like I was just in Jr Hi myself a few years ago? -Julia :-)
I know what you mean ...the time is flying by. I could not believe Jacob in your post holding the frog! He is so tall, so handsome & has grown so much since knowing him as a 4th grader way back when. Give him a big hug from his old friends. Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you!
Post a Comment