Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome...

Hello!! Thanks for stopping by! This is my first foray into "social media" beyond email and a little video we sent out of our clan, so thanks for baring with me. I think what prompted this creation is mainly for our children. I am loving as they are growing into their own people...as I say to them "I love who you are and who you are growing to be". And so, with this comes really cool and interesting conversations with them. This is a treasure book/scrapbook, random musings of some stuff that may or may not fill in some of the blanks for them. It is born out of a love of them and a rediscovery of my love of writing. So, kiddos, this is mainly for you and my sweet hubby. We've made "Our Tribe" but we live way back, we extend beyond ourselves and we live on. May this be edifying, uplifting and always in love & truth.
momma

2 comments:

Organic Husband said...

Carlene,

I got caught up on your blog. Thanks for sharing about Kanakuk and what it means for your family. That term 3 closing was so crazy with all the rain and the changes, etc. The funny thing about it, my wife said of all the closing ceremonies we've been to it was her favorite one. I guess change is good and I think we enjoyed the closeness in Barn 13, sitting on the floor with a smaller group. The action right there close. Katie getting teary eyed and choked up as she introduced her husband. It was all great, even the rain moistened pulled pork sandwich!

More importantly I appreciated your reasons for blogging and while I have my hands full with writing already it was interesting to think about writing as a way to, later, will in the gaps for your kids, as an expression of love. I'll enjoy keeping up on your blog. I'm adding it to my post of the blogs I've been reading. Maybe you can make some more Kamp connections.

Carlene said...

Thanks so much for your post Jay!
Yep, our kids were there at the same time. They were in Boys Barn 10 and Girls Barn 7. I could only compare last year's closings to this years and thought it naturally would be different after our first closing ceremony experience. I had envisoned with anticipation sitting in the natural beauty of the outdoor church, imagined our kids being passed to the front for champions walk and singing outside in worship. So, when we crowded into Barn 13, very wet and very hot and very close, for one second I thought, bummer. But no sooner did that thought vanish and we were lost in the moment and it was just as beautiful and touching (I agree-Katie's emotion), moving (Pete's talk) and fulfilling (praise and our kiddos honored for champs walk). My husband and I were just thrilled to be there experiencing it all! So, in the end, it didn't matter where we were. We were just all together...very together! I guess that's part of the point...
I am so grateful you stopped by as my "official 2nd post". Kanakuk has blessed us in so many ways and I'll be sure to share that in many posts to come. Thanks for all you do! Blessings.