Given my last post, this title found me today. To tell it, I've got to back up to last night when I met a mother at Shannon's classroom open house. Her unique cross necklace caught my eye and I commented. She told me she got it on a mission in Mexico. We talked and the discussion turned to missions. She told me the name of the organization she served with was Back2Back. I had never heard of them. I am not even sure I would have remembered the name of the organization by the time I got home after it being such a long day. It was a connecting conversation and I'm happy we met.
Today, I felt led to go to Family Christian bookstore. I was seeking some little bookmarks or any little poem or picture book I could find in Spanish for El Salvador. The last thing I need for myself is a book. I have 5 going on my night table and I am very aware of this. I pass the new releases and a book catches my eye. I look but don't even pick it up, but I stand there and just look at it. Now, on to the Spanish section. I have already purchased a Spanish Bible for Alicia, but will now wait on God and see who He wants me to give it to on the journey. Yet, there is one Spanish Bible on clearance for five dollars and I just pick it up. I knew then I needed another one. Why? I don't know. No idea.
There was nothing of note to purchase in Spanish, no little cards or bookmarks or little scripture in Spanish and I felt a little sad about this. But, I have this Spanish Bible for five dollars and I am going to get it. Then I pass an end display and again there is this book again catching my eye. It's title is, Reckless Faith, Let go and be led. The cover has a beautiful Latin looking little girl gazing off and so I pick it up. Just LOOKING!
Then, I turn to the back cover and with a little quiet gasp of surprise see that the author is serving with Back2Back Ministries! Wasn't that the very ministry I just learned of last night? The Let Go and Be Led thing struck me & I knew I had to get this book because that is what I totally have to do now to continue with this mission and call. So, yes, I buy this book and plan to read it as soon as I am done here.
So, then, imagine my surprise again when I get home and begin reading. Right there on the first page, the author tells she's living along way from home. She's in Monterrey, Mexico far away from her hometown. Which just so happens to be the town right next to me here in Ohio. Hmmm. Interesting.
So, are you wondering? Well, that's all I have. No connecting dots, no answers now, not big insights or plans. But I think it's subtle and purposeful. I see it as God moving here. I can't see what I may glean from this book or why I was drawn to it in the first place. BUT, I believe there is a reason, just like there is a purpose & role for me on this trip that I just don't know right now. It's there though. It's not my trip and so much is out of my control and this leads me to the subtitle of this book, "let go and be led." I don't know what will take shape in this book, on this trip, even tomorrow given all this stuff with our world and economy. BUT, I can't wait to pray and be led and watch God move, share, and give Him ALL the glory. Will you stay tuned?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment